Mittwoch, 29. Juni 2011

Early Olds V8 valve covers

I'm doing a period ( late 1949 ) build of a '32 Ford roadster with an Oldsmobile 303 C.I. engine made up of a combo of AMT and  Revell parts. ( Revell block, heads and pan, trans adapter and LaSalle gearbox with AMT 3X2 manifold and front cover-water-pump-breather). What I've been unable to find so far is resin valve covers that represent FACTORY STOCK stamped steel valve covers. '49 was the first year for the overhead valve Olds V8 motor, and aftermarket valve covers hadn't arrived yet.

Any suggestions? There's a set of Ford Y-block covers that could be modified, I think, but I can't find those either.

ANY HELP APPRECIATED !   THANKS in advance.

Source: http://cs.scaleautomag.com/SCACS/forums/thread/964660.aspx

Christian Klien Karl Kling Ernst Klodwig

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen