Samstag, 28. Mai 2011

WIP - 80's Ramcharger (my 1st try at a lift)

So I am getting ready to start on the 80's Dodge Ramcharger that was part of a "Gone Fishing" kit that I picked up off eBay. So far I have only started the interior and today I got the tires and wheels in the mail.....TSL Bogger Super Swampers with beadlock wheels. I'm really impressed with the tire-wheel combo. I looked it over today and figure I need about 1/2" lift. I'll post a couple of pictures this weekend.

My plan is to fab a set of springs and hangers from styrene, cut the axles from the kit's springs and mount those to the new springs. Then mod the kit shocks and drive shafts to fit with the new geometry.

If anybody sees anything wrong with this approach, please let me know.

Source: http://cs.scaleautomag.com/SCACS/forums/thread/960650.aspx

Jackie Stewart Jimmy Stewart Siegfried Stohr

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen