Montag, 6. Juni 2011

1970 Plymouth Hemi 'Cuda

When it was first introduced, I fell in love with Plymouth's 1970 Barracuda series.  Especially the 'Cuda with it's 340 4-bbl. and all the way up to the awesome 426 Hemi!  1971 came and the 'Cuda became gaudy with the billboard graphics, fender vents and ugly grille.  About a month ago, I saw a model of a '70 'Cuda and the builder says it was made by Monogram.  What?!!  Monogram?!!  How can that be?  The builder described his build as a '71 Hemi 'Cuda with the front and rear pieces from the '70 AAR 'Cuda.  The more I looked, the more i wanted to build one for myself.  Why didn't I think of this before???

I happen to have both of these models sitting on the bookcase, coated with dust, and in need of repair.  I will deconstruct both models and turn the '71 into a '70 using the AAR pieces and fill in the fender side vents.  I'll wire and plumb the engine and lower the suspension.  I will turn the AAR 'Cuda into a phantom '71 AAR 'Cuda later.  This is gonna be GREAT!

BTW, I am well aware of the issues with both these kits and I refuse to discuss them here.  My advice is to not start any discussions about it on this thread.  Start your own thread elsewhere!

More to come...

Source: http://cs.scaleautomag.com/SCACS/forums/thread/961819.aspx

Maria Teresa de Filippis Ralph Firman Ludwig Fischer

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen