Sonntag, 20. November 2011

Datsun 4x4 Duallie

In my very early years as a model builder, I purchased this kit and built it box stock with minimal paint detailing. Over the years and through many moves, the kit's better days had come and gone.

Over 10 years ago, I was staring at what I call my model junk yard where I retire kits that might have had unfortunate accidents in the hope to have a chance at a second life on the "decent kit" shelf. That Datsun kit struck my attention and so did the Mad Mudder kit below that was still in the box waiting for the right project to be coupled with.

Then was born the idea of converting the 2WD Datsun pickup truck into a 4X4 using the Mad Mudder frame, the axles and wheels and the Datsun Body. That's how it started.

Unfortunately, the Ground Hawg tires in the Mad Mudder kit where molded as if all 4 were going on the same side of the kit, so I needed a new set of really cool off road tires.

And there they are, 8 Super Swamper tires, that's right 8. as this truck will not only be a 4X4, but also a duallie.

Needless to say, working on a kit on and off over the span of more than 10 years, the project will take many different turns, but a few things stayed right on track, it was going to sit on 6 Super Swamper tires, a 4X4, with 2 spare tires mounted on top of a roll bar in the pickup bed. That was the idea anyways.

A few years back while reading a 4X4 magazine, I came across an article and really liked the paint scheme of the truck, so I was going to replicate it on this project.

I will post more pictures showing my progress as this project come close to completion. I never thought I'd see the day.

Thanks for reading...

Source: http://cs.scaleautomag.com/SCACS/forums/thread/983981.aspx

Guy Edwards Vic Elford Ed Elisian

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen