Donnerstag, 29. Dezember 2011

1973 White-Freightliner Break from my normal builds....

Its kinda funny how similar my build is to the other Stretched Freightliner on here. His is a super cool truck. I am trying to keep mine looking like something you might pull up beside at a Petro or a TA instead of a full on show truck.  Hope that guy doesn't mind me posting a similar build. Mine will never look slick as his anyway! That said...here goes......

This is my "time filler" build I am working on while my two current rod builds a drying and curing. Its a 1973 (Best I can come up with) White-Freightliner COE. Its being built as an outlaw style custom. The wheelbase has been stretched to 265". Its factory visor has been modded to drop lower. The "catwalk" is wrapped from the cab mounts to the fifthwheel plate and also behind the fifthwheel. It will be getting an old school striped paint job and full fenders on the rear. I have 8" straight pipes, lowered suspension, airline box, horns relocated and an aluminum bumper in the plan. I am going to retain the old style wheels but with some Italeri rubber Michelins. Also, I am using Italeri high back air ride seats but with lowered bases. I am not gonna even try to have the detail of alot of the truck builds on here. You guys are just too much. I just wanted to throw a custom together. The name on the truck is going to be "Road Doctor" as that was my Grandfather's (roun here thats PAPAW's) CB handle and what he was known for up and down I-75 for 40+ years. Thanks for looking, BH

Source: http://cs.scaleautomag.com/SCACS/forums/thread/989615.aspx

Cecil Green Keith Greene Masten Gregory

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen