Montag, 20. Dezember 2010

Round 2's/AMT's 1925 Ford Model T

I saw one of these chopped 25 Ts and thought, man, that's a really cool car - so I purchased Round 2's latest release. Here is the completed project. The kit is really neat but you can sure tell it's an old one - there are a few fit issues, the instructions are down right useless, and the body and parts required a bit of work and sanding to be presentable. Anyhow...it turns into a neat little car!

I didn't like the look of the kit steel wheels so I went to the parts box and found the steel wheels from AMT's 1949 Ford - they fit the kit tires perfectly. The Body and Grill surround are Model Master Citrus Yellow Metallic with a clear coat. Wheels are Model Master Ford Engine Red. The kit's carbs are pretty basic, so I added some detail to make a little more realistic appearance. I added spark plug wires, throttle linkage, fuel lines, and light weathering to simulate a car in use. I substituted plastic pegs for the metal axle up front. I made a skull shifter from Sculpey - you can't see it in the photos - you can't see much of the interior with the chopped top!

Source: http://cs.scaleautomag.com/scacs/forums/thread/929340.aspx

John Cordts David Coulthard Piers Courage

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen