Montag, 20. Dezember 2010

Tamiya Lotus Type 79 Martini - it might be time to tap out!!!

I was in Hobbytown USA yesterday in Fairfield, CT and came across Tamiya kit# 20061, which is essentially a repackaging of their earlier Lotus J.P.S. kit (#20004). I bought many of these 1/20 F1 kits through the years for prices literally ranging from $8 (for some found at a KB Toys believe it or not) to as much as $65 for the most recent Ferrari. But this kit was marked at about $85.

$85!!!

This is not new tooling. I'm not certain that there were any photoetch parts, but even if there were, that hardly justifies this price. If this is where Tamiya's prices are heading, then I'm done. I can't, in good conscience, justify spending that kind of money on styrene. Am I alone in feeling this way?

Source: http://cs.scaleautomag.com/scacs/forums/thread/929288.aspx

Keke Rosberg† Nico Rosberg Mauri Rose

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen