Mittwoch, 23. März 2011

Whew, thought my modeling days might be over!

Wow, did I have a nasty scare these past couple of months. Around the time I started my Hemi Dart and also completed the '25 T Bucket kit, my right thumb (and I am right handed) started experiencing intense pain at the point where it meets my hand. Being a guy, I ignored it and continued on business as usual. Suddenly, I couldn't do simple things like open paint jars, hold an X-Acto knife, or even use a scissors. I was freaking out. I started wondering if I f'ed my hand up permanently somehow - the pain was becoming unbearable.

And then one day I wasn't paying attention and I jerked my thumb hard in the opposite direction. And it hurt like hell. But what was amazing was that over the next few days, the hand started getting better.

It's still not 100%, but I was actually doing some light-duty work and it is much improved for most tasks.

I never considered a day where I might not be able to use my hands. This was a sobering moment. On the other hand, if that day comes, look out for one gigantic list of models that will be up for sale!!!

Source: http://cs.scaleautomag.com/SCACS/forums/thread/948572.aspx

Toshio Suzuki Jacques Swaters Bob Sweikert

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen