Dienstag, 1. März 2011

AMT Gatorade McLaren--Johnny Rutherford 1975

Hi guys,

Been busy as heck, and apologies to all for not being more active here as of late, but I just wanted to share something I've been working on slowly--the old AMT kit of Johnny Rutherford's 1975 McLaren C/D in the Gatorade livery. I always lived this car and the color scheme.

I remember this car brapping around Pocono raceway in the mid-70's when I was but a young turd.  Gatorade was a new drink back then, and I drank enough of it to pee a 55 gallon drum in the course of a race, lol.

A difficult build, to be sure--I made new front spoilers since the kit ones were too short and mounted in a weird way. The engine configuration also has to be tweaked. I also filled and straightened the rear cowling. The decals were, of course, a nightmare, after 30 years. I sealed them with Microscale decal film, which makes them really resistant to bending.I had to paint over the #2 on the front green cowl, as it was yellowed and thin. I also made new rear suspension rods, as the kit ones were molded really badly and out-of-round.

Not much more to say or show--so here's the pics. The paint is Tamiya WHite and decanted Metallic Green.Masking was done with Bare Metal Foil.

 

Thanks for the looksee! Comments always welcomed! Big Smile

Source: http://cs.scaleautomag.com/SCACS/forums/thread/944623.aspx

Jerry Unser Alberto Uria Nino Vaccarella

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen