Dienstag, 26. Juli 2011

1950 Chevrolet Deluxe Convertible

This one is going to be near and dear to my heart!!  In the summer of 1972, My Mom and Dad were out for a drive near Smith Falls, Ont.  They used to drive the back roads looking for old cars, specificly a 1951 Chevrolet Convertible to match the 1951 2dr sedan that has been in the family since it was new.  My Mom spotted what she thought was the roof of the elusive '51 'vert  sitting in a farmers grain field.  (to this day, I hold out it was me that kicked her from withinAngel)  The car turned out to be a 1950... sunk six inches into the muck and holding it's share of rust.  $300 changed hands, and the car was towed home.  Fourteen years later it hit the road again, good as new.  The restoration was not as a show car, but as a driver.  It has toured with the VCCA and local car shows for years...

 I have wanted to build a model of it for years now, but have put it off due to my inexperiance, and inability to find the right parts.  Joining this and other forums has got my confidence and skill to the point that I feel I can tackle the job.  I found a 1950 die cast hard top for parts, and this week the final piece of the puzzle fell into my lap... the reintroduction of this...

 I am no stranger to the AMT '51 Convertible, as I have my Dad's kit from the 1970's that I rebuilt a few years back...

My goal for this model is to build the 1950 how my Dad's would have left the factory.  Our car started life in the colours of Seafoam Green, with a black canvas top.  When they bought the car, it had been painted over in an off-white.  The restoration was done in black with a white top.   I am going to do my model in the green because I already have the black convert in my cabinet, and because if the real car ever gets redone (and it needs it now!) It will likely be done factory stock...

Source: http://cs.scaleautomag.com/SCACS/forums/thread/818699.aspx

JJ Lehto Lamberto Leoni Les Leston

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen