Sonntag, 31. Juli 2011

1964 Chevy Suburban

Hello everyone, This is a 1964 Chevy Suburban custom. It was made out of a Revell 64 C-10 fleet side pickup truck. I used sculpting clay to turn it into what you see, not the best way but I had it lying around. This is the first model I've made in almost 6 years and the first one I've ever modified to this level.  I know it's not flawless but do hope you guys like it, sure was a blast making it.

Paint used for the body was Testors Bright Aqua Pearl and one coat lacquer White Lighting for the stripes. Interior seats done with Krylon Almond Satin. Rims are resin Hurricane wheels bought on eBay.

?

The crack on the fender happened just before I finished sanding it and is the reason I stopped working on the back end. I was sanding the back lost my thought for a split second and the front end broke off. I was able to repair it with two tooth picks modeling glue and some Testors contour putty. 

Here's the repair from under side. After that I decided to glue the fire wall in. It made it more difficult to add the wiring and brake lines but it added a little more strength to it.

All the body work was done I sprayed flat white (Wal-Marts cheap paint, so bad it's all but indestructible).

It's final color of Bright Aqua Pearl sprayed on using the 2 part spray paint tutorial here. A big thanks for that very helpful tutorial.

And heres the finished product. Hope you guys like it.

I

I'll post more pictures of it tomorrow if anyone likes it.

Thanks for taking time to look at this, opinions welcomed.

I hope I put this in the right category if not I'm sorry and will be more than happy to move it to a more appropriate category. I've seen a couple trucks and wagons here so I hope its ok with everyone. If not just let me know, Thanks again. :)

Source: http://cs.scaleautomag.com/SCACS/forums/thread/970819.aspx

Mike Hailwood Mika Häkkinen Bruce Halford

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen