Montag, 25. Juli 2011

Do you complain or do you build?

I have seen quite a few complaints about various kits since I've been on this forum in the last 6 years.  I have seen builders who say that they can and will correct the inaccuracies of a kit, get part way through it, and quit.  Some builders have disappeared from the forum altogether.  I have thought about this recently and it has gotten me to wonder...do you complain about a kit or do you just build and complete it to the best of your ability?  I don't want to hear complaints about the kits, do you just build it or not. 

I have built some of these kits that are less than accurate, have various flaws, and generally don't look good out of the box.  I recently completed AMT's '68 Roadrunner which has it's flaws, many I fix to the best of my ability.  Several years ago, I built Revell's reissued AAR 'Cuda which garnered it's share of controversy during my build of that kit.  I am currently working on converting Revell's '71 'Cuda into a '70 'Cuda using the original (green box art) AAR 'Cuda front and rear parts.  I have always believed that if you are not part of the cure, you are part of the problem!  It is a challenge to complete some of these kits and I like to be challenged every now and then.    

So, my question to you folks is...do you complain about a kit or do you just build it, finish it, and make look as good as you can?   

Source: http://cs.scaleautomag.com/SCACS/forums/thread/970216.aspx

Alfonso Thiele Eric Thompson Johnny Thomson

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen